Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nepatized Thoughts


I'm back. It has been a couple of weeks since my last article due to a lot of work (good thing) in the massage world for me. Today is a new day though, we are in new times. Everything as we know it has changed, is changing as you read this. Business is different make no mistake about it. Please understand both clients and therapist, students, etc that the old models of work and business is dead. YOU must think about and expand your mind outside the framework of the box to grow.


I work with people all the time and a few understand they must have as as Les Brown puts it; a larger vision of themselves. That includes your business. In spas therapist and owners must understand their clientele and trim down some of the unnecessary services and get to the real modalities that help people. I believe the prices in spas should be looked at as well. Massage and like therapies are not for getting rich but helping others.

My business is growing at a steady rate because I understand the times and I act before I need to. This is vision. I have lowered my studio rates but I give even better service. I now offer chair massage in my studio for those who may not be able to afford my table rate. I make the sessions more focused as well as therapeutic. I am doing even more chair massage special events and work with a good friend (SC) to come up with even better event ideas. I'm really working to make the work fresh and alive. I focus on doing the work (read Nepa Massage) not Thai, Tui Na, hot stones, pregnancy, etc. People have no time for all the extras, they just want to know if you can help them with their Desk Stress or sore hip.

Therapists and soon to be therapist should take a look at your business and finds ways to improve even if you are doing well. If your business is struggling take a look at your skills, appearance, where you work and clients. Take a honest look at everything and adapt your massage business for TODAY not five years ago. Be in the NOW.

I had the chance to work a health fair event this past week and it was amazing to see how some of the therapists worked, acted, dressed and talked like it was five years ago instead of summer 2009. I will talk more about this in my next PD article next week.

In closing,I will continue to bring my thoughts and experiences to you so that you may use them as you see fit. This blog and its contents are for these times and thoughts. Again be in the NOW. I believe that we all have gifts and abilities which when used can help the world, the only thing we have to do is begin with fresh and creative thoughts and do the work.

Peace