Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Tool for March

Every month I will feature a massage tool from my tool kit . These are tools that I use myself and find very helpful in the area of chair massage. Oddly enough I was going to start this segment with another tool but two of my chair clients ordered this tool last week, so I had to talk about it. One of the clients actually ordered two rollers.

The Omni Massage Roller is the tool for March. This is a great hand held tool that I use daily for warming-up muscle tissue as well as "smoothing" out an area after trigger point work. The more pressure you use the deeper into the tissue the Omni will go. You can use the the Omni on the back, shoulders, hips, glutes, thighs, legs and the bottom of the feet. Now you can do this all in the massage chair! My clients love this tool !

Another use for the Omni Roller is how effective it is as a diagnostic tool when using it on the back and hips. A client may experience tickle sensations. Now any student of Tony Zayner or myself would know that tickle is one of the stages in the progression of pain. The tickle is very early on the progression chart so healthy muscle tissue is not far away. I like to use it early in a session and then come back toward the end to see if the tickle feeling is still there. If you did your work effectively it wont be.

You can click on the picture to your left for more info.


You gotta have the right f------ tool for the damn job--George Susa (landlord)