Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grab A Book

I have been on a run lately. I can't seem to stop nor do I want to. My mind has opened in new ways and I see the world, the universe so differently. What has spark this revelation? Reading my friends, reading. In fact one of those books is the Suggested Reading for the week.

Now I have always like to read but something happened recently and I started reading even more. I saw Gifted Hands and read Think Big, both of which is about Dr. Ben Carson. Anyway reading about his life and how his mother encouraged him and his brother to read and expand their minds fired-up something in me. I followed the advice and now I can't stop. I'm reading a book a week and then some.

In my reading(study) I ran across a Les Brown video which he states that he reads at least two hours a day of something positive. Zig Ziglar reads three. All kinds of successful people read everyday to expand their information not only about their field of work but to feed themselves positive words. This is energy!

Now for me I break it up, hour or more of positive information and a hour or more of work related information. The average American reads one book a year while a book a week nets 50. Someone who is continually learning is becoming a expert in their field, learning up to date information while the other is not. Both my mentors are well read and of course are experts in their fields. My brother is well read and is also a expert is his field. Now they are not experts just from books but the information sparked something for them which totally changed them as people.

If you want to grow your business and expand your mind you must feed both with the necessary vitamins and minerals to keep it stimulated. We are in the Mind stage of life. Those that know grow.


Gain Knowledge and all other things will be under your command--Jerome Amos